Character sheet
Major: Cyber Security
Partner: Duckling
Year: Freshman Year

Ready or not Empty Ready or not

Tue Jun 19 2018, 02:19

IM NOT SO SURE
about anything anymore

Why was this damned place so fucking huge? The hallways were a complete maze and no matter how many turns he took or stairs he went up, he wasn’t remotely close to the number of the classroom he was supposed to be in. The boy sighed deeply as he looked at the scribbled note again. A.27.832.c. Who even came up with a name like that. All around him, other students were walking towards their classrooms too, and it seemed like they all knew exactly where they had to be. The academic year had started a week ago, but he had been in Europe still. So he had actually missed the first classes, and he was about to miss the second one as well. If he couldn’t find the damn classroom in time, how was he supposed to attend the lecture?

Elodie Beauvais
Elodie Beauvais
Name : Echo
IC posts : 7

Character sheet
Major: Fine arts
Partner: //

Ready or not Empty Re: Ready or not

Tue Jun 19 2018, 17:32

I can’t help it, if I could I would change it

’Shit, shit, shit-’ The girl broke and got off her bike in a fast but ungracious motion, luckily no one was around to witness the panic in which she was securing the vehicle to a pole with a chain, before rushing up the front stairs, while taking off her helmet. Classes had started a week before and she already got used to the fact that living on campus could’ve been an excuse to get up later than what she was supposed to. Apparently, being chronically late was something she couldn’t really avoid.

Sweeping through the hallways, as she has been doing all week, was now an everyday activity, she was slowly growing accustomed to that. Luckily she had learned the exact locations of her classrooms and knew where to go, but the school was a little too big to reach her destination as fast as she would’ve liked to.

She ran up a set of stairs, feeling as if her lungs were on fire due to the lack of oxygen, and pushed herself ahead by physically pushing a wall, before turning around a corner. Not even a second later, she was on the floor, her helmet fell next to her with a loud noise. Elodie looked up to see what caused her to fall down and saw a guy that she had never seen before, looking as confused and as she was, but maybe not as dying out of breath as she was. ’Why are you even in the hallways, you should be in class already.’ She said to the man she assumed was a student, looking at him with a frown on her face.
+ tag: none
+ notes: this is super cliché, goodbye

BY MITZI
Mort Lennox
Mort Lennox
Name : Wolf
IC posts : 8

Character sheet

Tue Jun 19 2018, 18:52

IM NOT SO SURE
about anything anymore

The hallways were getting more and more empty by the second, as people walked inside their classrooms. Now would be the best time to actually approach someone and ask for help. But, being the socially incapable man he was, he didn’t. So eventually he was all alone, still lost. At this point, he had given up. He was already late, and the thought of entering a full room of people he didn’t know was stressing him out. Mort decided to just go outside for now, and go to his second lecture of the day. He turned towards the staircase again, not paying attention to his surroundings, as usual.

If he had, he would have heard the running footsteps and heavy panting of the redhead coming upstairs. He could have avoided the collision. Out of reflex, he braced himself, which caused her to actually fall down while he was pushed aside. A bit shocked, and generally confused, he stared at her. It was only when she spoke up, he was pulled into the moment again. ’Why are you even in the hallways, you should be in class already.’ She asked him. Mort quickly reached his hand out to her to help her get up before answering her question.

”Well, eh, I’m eh.. What could be considered a bit lost”, He replied with a sheepish grin. What a surprise. He had missed the introduction week, and the first week of classes, so it was quite logical he had no idea where the hell he had to go now.

Elodie Beauvais
Elodie Beauvais

Character sheet

Tue Jun 19 2018, 20:27

Deep inside, she was waiting for the moment she could’ve sat down, but she expected to be sitting on a chair, not in the hallway right at some guy’s feet. Still trying to catch her breath to avoid hyperventilating, she firmly grabbed the hand he was offering her and pulled herself up with his help. ”Well, eh, I’m eh.. What could be considered a bit lost”, she heard him saying right when she found her balance back. She let out a small puff and slightly shook her head when a bright smile formed on her face. ’First day?’ She asked him while leaning down to grab her helmet. She had never seen him and blamed it on the fact that the school was huge and crowded at first, but apparently, he still had no clue on where to go, so he might’ve just started. ’Where do you need to go?’ She then added, turning around to face him once again. At this point, she had given up on reaching her class, so if she could be of any help, she would’ve felt slightly better about the fact that she wasn’t attending the lecture.
+ notes: none

BY MITZI
Mort Lennox
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

Tue Jun 19 2018, 20:55

IM NOT SO SURE
about anything anymore

What a great first impression. On his first day he had floored someone. By accident, of course, but still. Hopefully this wouldn’t get him into trouble. He had no idea what class or year she was in, or if she had any friends that would secretly laugh at him if they heard what an idiot he was. Though she didn’t seem like the type of person who would talk behind someone’s back. The bright smile around her lips kind of reassured him. At least she wasn’t angry. ’First day?’ She asked, and he nodded. ”Yep, I just came back from Europe”, He explained. Not that he expected her to actually care, but he tended to overshare things from time to time.

’Where do you need to go?’ She then asked, after she had picked up her helmet. Mort pulled out the already crumpled note again. ”Classroom A.27.832.c”, He read out loud. ”Though.. I was actually on my way outside again”, He then confessed with the same weak smile. No way he would walk into a crowded classroom for all people to judge him. Nope. Not happening.

Elodie Beauvais
Elodie Beauvais

Character sheet

Wed Jun 20 2018, 00:36

Even though a week had already passed, she had yet to understand that she couldn’t go to bed late and expect to wake up on time to get to class before it started, that’s why she had just hit him and fell right at his feet without even realising what was happening during the process. Luckily the man looked as lost as she was, so she didn’t feel too awkward and actually had the calm to smile at him and try to have a normal conversation, as if nothing happened.

He mentioned Europe and Elodie couldn’t help but smile in a somewhat nostalgic way. She didn’t remember at all the city in which she was born, but her father used to tell her the most beautiful stories from when he was younger and she really wanted to visit those places with him one day, but she didn’t have the chance. She simply nodded at his statement, not wanting to go further into details about his trip, because she knew she could’ve ended up feeling too emotional. What a mess she was.

His voice brought her back from being abducted by her own thoughts and she focused on the long-ass name that this classroom had. Furrowing her eyebrows, she walked closer to him and with a confused face she tried to read from the little note he was reading from just a moment before. ’What the fuck is that’, she whispered, hoping that he somehow missed that. She was so confident she could’ve helped him and now didn’t even know such room existed. Good job.

”Though..” He captured her attention again and she turned her gaze towards him. ”I was actually on my way outside again”, he said with a smile, to which she slightly raised an eyebrow. ’Giving up on your first day?’ She said with a sarcastic tone. ’At least I held on for a week.’ She added then, shrugging while a small smile formed on her face once more. She then quickly checked the time and realised that it was too late to actually try and start running again towards her classroom. ’Apparently that’s my record though.’ She put her phone back in her pocket. ’I’ll have to wait for the next one.’ She finally said, before taking a brief break to look around and understand where her next class actually was. Once she remembered, she turned back to him. ’Well then, have a good first day. Thank you for helping me stop there.’ She pointed towards the place she fell with her chin and chuckled slightly.

BY MITZI
Mort Lennox
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

Wed Jun 20 2018, 01:26

IM NOT SO SURE
about anything anymore

It was actually a nice offer, one he hadn’t really expected after he had caused her to trip and fall down. Though he wasn’t planning on actually going to that lecture anymore. First of all, the teacher would probably be not pleased with him being late. Last thing he wanted was for the man to get angry at him in front of a room full of students. Which immediately was the second reason for not going. Dealing with a group of people he didn’t know and ruining his reputation from day one? He’d gladly pass on that. Luckily it seemed like the redhead had no idea where this room was either. ”Yeah I don’t know, I think someone just randomly smashed their keyboard to name this room”, He joked with a grin around his lips. Ggwp.

”Rip to your record”, He replied, his smile fading a bit. He felt bad, for real. Especially when she mentioned the collision again. He pulled his hand through his hair for a second. ”Okay now I feel bad. I mean, can I buy you some coffee or something? It’s the least I can do”, He suggested. If she said no, he would understand. Who wanted to hang out with the new guy, after all?

Elodie Beauvais
Elodie Beauvais

Character sheet

Wed Jun 20 2018, 02:20

The moment in which he replied to what she thought was a whisper that he couldn’t hear, she slightly blushed. Her embarrassment faded pretty soon though, replaced by a brief and soft laugh caused by the joke he made on the classroom’s name. Her classrooms were actually pretty easy to remember and they were all pretty much in the same area, so maybe that was the same for him.

The girl wondered for a quick second what his major could’ve been but her mind moved her focus from that to his uneasiness as soon as she noticed her smile fading away. ’I wasn’t planning on keeping it for long though.’ She tried to reassure him. ’I mean, I was late, I wouldn’t have been running if that wasn’t the case.’ A warm smile appeared on her lips, weakened a little when he said he felt bad and turned bright again when he offered to buy her a coffee. Her mood changed rapidly within seconds and now she was trying to hide her smile with a frown. ’Oh yes, you should make up for your mistakes.’ She said, closing her eyes, exaggerating her disappointed expression to the point where it clearly looked fake, then smiled, looking back at him. ’I’m joking.’ Her expression turned serious for a second. ’But I accept that coffee.’ She then added with a relaxed expression, before she started walking towards the same stairs she came from. When passing by him, she pointed towards a random direction, silently telling him to follow her.

Elodie found it funny how she was rushing up that set of stairs only few minutes ago, and now she was going back down from the same path, completely losing up that stress and panic that were building up every step she took. She told herself that she didn’t like that feeling at all and that she had to do her best to avoid being late again, but she also knew how many possibilities there were for her to actually follow her own plans: zero to none.

BY MITZI
Mort Lennox
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

Wed Jun 20 2018, 12:45

IM NOT SO SURE
about anything anymore

How did he manage to always fuck up situations this bad? Now he had made her miss her class as well. Hopefully it wasn’t anything too important. He wondered what her major was, but didn’t dare to ask. Her expressions changed so quickly he was having a hard time keeping up. Confused as he was, he only felt more guilty by the second. It was hard for him to realise she was just messing with him. If she could perhaps give him some kind of warning, like a bright yellow triangle with an exclamation mark, that would be great.

’I’m joking.’ She finally said, freeing him from his worries. Mort couldn’t help but laugh softly. ”You got me there”, He admitted, shaking off the guilt. At least he could make it up to her, as she accepted the coffee. The boy started following her when she signed him to do so. She probably knew better where to go from here. ”I’m Mort, by the way”, He then said. If they were to hang out for a bit, it was convenient to at least know each other’s names, right?

Elodie Beauvais
Elodie Beauvais

Character sheet

Thu Jun 21 2018, 22:47

Her sudden mood and expression changes were an habit to the girl, who couldn’t really help but move her face muscles every single time she felt slightly different. To her, it was kind of a bad thing actually, because for starters, she couldn’t really hide any of the emotions she felt and also because she understood that people could have a really hard time keeping up with her and her mood switching so fast.

That is why, seeing that the boy was acting kind of confused, she made clear the fact that she was playing with him, only to receive confirmation from him that he thought she was in fact serious. Elodie shook her head and smiled slightly, while rolling her eyes a little when he laughed softly. At least he didn’t look offended by her being too bold and sarcastic right after she knocked him so hard that she fell on the ground. The fact that he actually wanted to buy her coffee confirmed that, so she let everything go and tried to ease the atmosphere by just moving on.

Going down the stairs was a lot easier than rushing up them and she had the chance to catch her breath, but she didn’t trust her legs either, she never really did. ”I’m Mort, by the way”, she heard him saying right when he started following her. ’Elodie.’, she replied turning her head back to look at him. ’And before you ask… Yes, that’s French.’, she then quickly added, without her smile really fading away. She didn’t know if bringing up Europe was a good idea, given the fact that the boy just came back from there and she didn’t really wanna hear about places she had never been to but that were so important to her father, it almost felt as if she was missing out on a huge part of her life.

BY MITZI
Mort Lennox
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

Fri Jun 22 2018, 00:10

IM NOT SO SURE
about anything anymore

While he was following her, she shared her name as well. Ah! He was making friends now. That’s how it worked. Right? They hadn’t had the smoothest introduction, but at least they were making progress here. Which was important. When she told him her name was French, he nodded. He didn’t realise she meant French from actual France though. He thought it was Canadian. ”Ah, I see”, He said with a smile. ”It’s a cool name”, He noted. Because it surely was. And he was the type of guy to say what he was thinking out loud, especially when what he was saying could be considered a compliment. Making people smile always made him happy, and harmless comments like this one occurred frequently. As long as she wouldn’t think they were creepy though. Because he was not about that life.

Once downstairs, she brought him to a huge room with a lot of tables. The cafetaria. Nice, now he knew at least one important place in this building. The question was if he would ever find it a second time, when he needed to. Though he expected everyone to go in this general direction when it was lunch time anyway, so he could just be a sheep and follow the herd. The boy bought a cup of coffee for her and a red bull for himself. Feeding the addiction he had for the energy drink. At least it wasn’t drugs, right? ”Careful, it’s hot”, He told her, as if she didn’t know that herself, when he handed over the cup to her. Afterwards, Mort looked at her in anticipation. She didn’t exactly sing up for this but now she was the only familiar face here and she seemed to know her way around campus. So naturally.. He would follow her, like the little lost puppy he was.

Elodie Beauvais
Elodie Beauvais

Character sheet

Fri Jun 22 2018, 01:39

They reached their destination without him talking about Europe at all, but the uniqueness of her name, was apparently ’cool’ as he told her. Elodie genuinely smiled at him after he complimented her, her smile followed up by a soft ’Thank you.’

During the first week, the girl had the chance to learn the location of few of the most important buildings in the whole campus and the most important places that she needed to know. The cafeteria was one of those places, where she knew she could find her beloved coffee, which wasn’t as bad as the food they served there.

Unlike them, everyone was in class, following their lectures, but in that specific moment, it was a good thing because they were able to get their drinks pretty soon. He handed her the cup of coffee warning her of it being cold. ’Thank you’, she said for what it felt like the hundredth time that day. ’Let’s sit.’ She added, turning down and heading towards one of the empty tables that were in the middle of the room. Of course, with nobody being there, pretty much every table was available, but she opted for one that was in one of the corners of the room. When Mort sat down in front of her, she finally saw what he was holding in his hands. ’An energy drink? This early in the morning?’ She said pointing with her head at the Redbull can he was holding, before taking a sip of her coffee. She wasn’t really the one to talk here, since she was drinking that, but at least coffee was more… natural, wasn’t it?

BY MITZI
Mort Lennox
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

Fri Jun 22 2018, 14:01

IM NOT SO SURE
about anything anymore

The fact that most students were in class right now, was ideal for him to explore the school a bit. The hallways and most of the important places would be fairly empty at this point. The cafetaria was proof of that. There were not a lot of people hanging around, which meant there was no line at the counter. Mort handed over her coffee and walked with her when she told him to go sit down. Great. She wasn’t trying to get rid of him yet. Wouldn’t take long before she changed her mind, probably, but it was something. The boy sat down in front of her and put the can on the table. It sparked a strange comment. He pulled up his brows in slight surprise. ”Says the one drinking coffee”, He rebounded, a faint smile tugging at the corner of his lips.

”Besides, I skipped breakfast”, He chuckled. To be honest, his tendency of skipping things was kind of getting out of hand. ”I’m not really in a going to school mood, you know”, He explained. It would take some time before he was in that vibe again. It would probably get better once he was used to going to classes. Everything was just pretty overwhelming at the moment. He didn’t even have the keys to his dorm room yet, so he would have to figure out soon where to get those. At least he had already put all his stuff in there over summer, together with his parents, so he knew where to find the room. That counted, right?

Elodie Beauvais
Elodie Beauvais

Character sheet

Tue Jun 26 2018, 23:47

In a way, Elodie managed to avoid bad habits throughout her whole life. She was never a big of a smoker, drank alcohol less than once a week, she stopped eating meat, no drugs, but coffee, that was somehow the only thing she couldn’t and didn’t want to get rid of. Anytime was the right time for a cup of coffee, even if she didn’t need it for its exciting properties, but only to feel the taste of it. That time that she had to wait until her next class, looked exactly like one of those moments when coffee was the right solution to her troubles, as if she had any right now. If coffee was the right solution though, Elodie couldn’t think the same about Redbull. She didn’t want to sound rude or as if she was judging, but the comment slipped out of her mouth without her really thinking about what she was saying until she actually said it. Luckily, Mort wasn’t offended by her random comment and just gave her back some of the sass she just gave him, to which she responded with a genuine and relieved smile.

He then went on explaining his reasons behind his drink choice: not having breakfast, not being in a “going to school” mood. ’I feel you.’ She agreed with him, rolling her eyes and drinking another sip of coffee. If she had to be fair, she felt like that could’ve never been her mood in any case. ’Still haven’t recovered from Europe, have you?’ The question that she ended up asking sounded pretty casual; she knew he had just come back from there and she simply connected that to the fact that he wasn’t ready to start classes yet. When the words came out of her mouth though, she understood immediately where that conversation was going to end up. Elodie knew that it wasn’t a place where she wanted to go, but she just hopped on the train that was going to crash exactly there: memories.

BY MITZI
Mort Lennox
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

Wed Jun 27 2018, 18:46

IM NOT SO SURE
about anything anymore

His father would better not find out about him already skipping classes. The man was always kind, but also pretty strict. The only reason why he had been allowed to take a gap year, was because he had promised to try his very best in college. And here he was, already skipping breakfast and classes. Dammit. She was also judging him, but he didn’t think it was justified. Wasn’t she drinking coffee this early in the morning as well? It was basically the same thing! Though his choice of drink tasted a lot better, let’s be honest.

’I feel you.’ She agreed on the ‘not in the mood for school’ matter. ’Still haven’t recovered from Europe, have you?’ She then asked, and he laughed amused. ”I might not be, yeah. It was a whole other culture too. I spent my last months in Spain, everyone is so relaxed and unbothered”, He replied. Perhaps he had adapted too much to that vibe.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum